Tuesday 1 March 2011

My Favourite Expert

Modern Graphic Design should be constantly pushing the boundaries, challenging the idea of what classes as Graphic Design today. Rezea Abedini is at the forefront of this movement. Hailing from Iran, his cultural heritage can be clearly felt in his work. Fusing illustration, Persian typography and Graphic Design, he creates work which is instantly recognisable and sits in its own category.

Abedini’s work has inspired me to be more creative and use my culture to influence my work. By using culture in your work, it has more personality and truly expresses who you are. It will also have its own identity and won’t be similar to anyone else. People will also be able to learn more about you, and see what influences you. By looking at Abedini’s work you can tell that he has been inspired by Persian typography and Iranian history. The colour pallet which he uses is more earthy and natural, colours which are widely used/found in Iran. 

In particular I like the way in which he uses Persian typography in his work. No other design uses typography this way. The type instantly catches your eye, and makes you pay attention even though you can’t read what it says. He doesn't use the type as text but more as imagery, making it the focal point of his work.


Rezea Abedini is my favourite expert simply because his work is so unique. He incorporates typography, photography and illustrations, making it all flow seamlessly. He inspires me to push the boundaries and be more experimentative with my designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment